Followers

Saturday 24 June 2017

Living it up at 90



Hello crafty peeps how are we today good I hope, Well what a change in the weather not for the better for me I guess that’s  our summer gone oh well the joys of living in UK.
So my card for you today is another card I made for my Nan in Law that will be 90 on Monday.
This card has been made to be sent from her daughter (my mom in law
 This is my wonderful Nan in law having a cuppa the other day hard to believe she is turning 90 she is a beautifullady inside and out.
As May (nan in law) was a seamstress by trade I wanted to make a card with sewing detailing on  this is what I came up with.


The papers are from pixel scrapper (all links below to where things are from)
I distressed and inked the edges with distress inks and added a doily to add some interest. I also added some polkadot ribbon .

I printed off some clip art cotton reels and embossed them with clear powder then wound thread around them and glued in place.

The image is by Mo Manning love these fairies they’re so sweet and a joy to colour for which I used polychromo and prisma pencils. I then made tiny slits around the needle and feet (where the thread is laid in image ) and added some more embroidery thread to through the eye of needle and along the line.
Finally the inside and yes this is the lady that likes a nice verse lol so always a challenge to find a different meaningful verse for her as I end up making about 3 cards for her on a birthday and Christmas lol 

I decided to added the image (uncoloured) to the bottom corners of the insert this time I haven’t done that for a while as the verse was a little long and went on both pages.
So there it is another card for my Nan in Law hope you like it and I will see you again very soon




Challenges


http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ BINGO (PATTERENED PAPER DIGI FAV COLOUR PINK OF COURSE LOL) 




Happy Crafting
Jacki xx

9 comments:

Mia said...

I love your card and I love your wonderful Nan il law! Have a great weekend!

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the way you did the insert too!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

Helen x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another so pretty card from you Jacki, a lovely sentiment too.
Faith
x

Juls said...

Utterly gorgeous card xx

Beatriz said...

Lovely card! Your Colouring is stunning! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz dt

Billie A said...

Your card is beautiful and sure your nan in law will love it. What a great year to be. I hope to make it into my 90's.
I love the cute image and coloring. The card is beautiful and so glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments. Happy birthday Nan in law.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jacki! It's so sweet and pretty & I love how you've created the little cotton reels.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Nandini said...

Hope your nan-in-law had a wonderful birthday! Your card is really gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Nandini, DT

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful creation, absolutely love it.